The weeks that were| Weeks 21 & 22

I’ve had a pretty busy last two weeks which is pretty clear considering the fact that there have been no blog posts, no tweets or Instagram updates. As a result, I haven’t documented the last two weeks of my pregnancy. So I’m doing that now and I thought instead of doing two separate posts and being late for the next week as well, I might as well combine the two and move on. You have no idea how much this messes with my OCD. πŸ˜›

So here are the details of Weeks 21 and 22.

WEEK #21 & 22

The Feels & What I did

Week 21

Other than sweaty and massively exhausted, there wasn’t much I felt in Week 21 or 22. But this week, I was trying to get some freelance work done and that took up quite a bit of my otherwise free time. I spent the whole of Tuesday and Wednesday doing something that resulted in nothing. I could have utilised that time blogging, because at least that would have given me some mental satisfaction. πŸ˜› But during this time, I also watched quite a few webinars (and like a good student, took a lot of notes) about launching profitable e-courses and building e-mail lists. Let’s hope I put that knowledge to use and soon πŸ™‚

On Thursday, I did blog. My spirits lifted up even more that day when we booked tickets to go to Bangalore for the weekend for my sister-in-law’s baby shower. Friday was about going to the salon, packing and getting things ready to leave the following day.

On Saturday, before we left for Bangalore, I took a picture of my bump for 21 Weeks. I usually do that on Sunday but I knew I wouldn’t be home and I needed it to be consistent with all the other pictures, so I had to do it at home.

Here’s a funny thing that happened. After we reached the Domestic Terminal of Mumbai airport, we realised that all Jet Airways flights, even domestic flights, took off from the International terminal. We didn’t bother to check this detail on our ticket and since this was a domestic flight, we assumed it would be from the Domestic Terminal. Fortunately, we were ahead of schedule, so in spite of the detour, we managed to reach on time AND I got to see the brand-new much-talked-about T2 Terminal at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and it is as AMAZING as they say. Take a look…

Our flight was late by over an hour because the previous evening, one of the Lufthansa flights had a burst tyre (or something) that had rendered the main runway blocked and all flights had to use the seondary runway. So while we waited at the airport, for the first time in my life I had a vada pav that cost fifty ruppes!! That’s right. And it wasn’t even big enough, just a tiny one. But I was hungry and needed to be fed.

We boarded half an hour later than the scheduled time and even then, we weren’t ready for take-off for almost another hour. By the time we were halfway there, I was so uncomfortable in that tiny space because my back hurt. But then, this happened on the flight and allowed me to laught a little lot!!!:D

In-flight entertainment on our way to Bangalore.

Flight Attendant: May I have your ‘tension’ please?
Me: Why? Doesn’t the pilot know how to fly?

FA: For your convenience, we will now be ‘deeming’ the lights.
Me: As what?

Captain: We will now begin our descent to Bangalore. In a few minutes, we’ll be reaching Bengaluru.
Me: Really?

Captain: the temperature in Bengaluru is 3-1 degrees. That is, 31 degrees.
Me: I wouldn’t have guessed.

Just before we were about to land… Husband: I’m sweating.
Me: Yeah. It’s because the engine probably consumes much more power during takeoff and landing. So they may have ‘deemed’ the AC. As a fan.

And then I couldn’t stop laughing at my own joke for five whole minutes.

It was past 11 PM by the time we reached home. We quickly had our dinner and retired for the night because we had to start early the next day. However, one amazing thing happened Saturday night.
I had pre-loaded a replay of one of the webinars that I wanted to watch on the flight to Bangalore, but somehow that didn’t happen because a few minutes after we took off, they served snacks and by the time they collected our trays, it was almost time to land. Well, I’d have had a few minutes, but it was too much of an effort to take the computer out and watch for ten minutes or so only to put it back inside, not to mention that I also wanted to take notes and didn’t want to break the flow.

So, anyway, I was watching that at night before I felt sleepy when I felt the baby move, something that has been happening pretty often lately. My husband was still awake and I asked him to see if he could feel it and he DID. TWICE!!! He hasn’t felt a ‘kick’ since then, but that was something amazing. πŸ™‚

Sunday went off so quickly with meeting so many people and then a visit to the temple in the evening. I would write about it in more details and would’ve even posted pictures but it wasn’t about me and the pictures aren’t mine to share. Maybe when my BIL and/or SIL have publicly announced that they’re expecting and/or after the birth of their baby (which is going to be soon, by the way) I might share a few pictures of the ceremony, but not now anyway. πŸ˜€

Also, even though it was past 1:30 AM by the time I slept, I was up before 7 AM on Sunday morning. How cool is that! It also requires mention that no one woke me up and I was up before at least three other people. Achievement ulocked. πŸ˜‰

Week 22

This week was about some more exhaustion and what I felt to be hot flashes.

On Monday, we had lunch at Kobe Sizzlers in Bangalore with my husband’s brother and his wife. We all deserved a little break after the previous day’s festivities. We spent the rest of the afternoon and most of early evening shopping for some outfits for SIL’s maternity shoot (that is this weekend. So excited for that πŸ˜€ :D) When we got back home, we had dinner and even though everyone else went off to bed around 11 PM, I thought it wouldn’t be such a good idea if we had to wake up in three hours to catch our flight back home.

So I watched the new episode of Game of Thrones, the previous week’s The Catch and 2 Broke Girls and pretty soon it was time to get dressed and leave. It was then that I realised that I had’t done the most important thing during the trip – take a side-by-side bump picture with my SIL. So at 2:30 AM, ten minutes before we were about to leave, we took a picture.

That night we also accomplished something that would have been otherwise impossible if it were not for the middle of the night – we reached Bangalore airport from Electronic City in sixty one minutes. It was only possible because we drove in the middle of he night, but still, given that it took three hours for us on one occasion to cover the same distance (only in the opposite direction) this was amazing. We also realised that we had reached the airport a little too early – at 3:45 AM for a 5:50 AM flight. So we had a really early breakfast around 4:30 AM (if you can even call it that) and somehow passed the time till we were ready to board.

Just as we settled in, I could feel the baby move again and I asked my husband to place his hand on my belly to see if he could feel it on the other side this time too. A flight attendant noticed this and came up to me with a pillow. She asked me to wear my seat belt over the pillow and call for her or one of the others if I need help going to the bathroom or with anything else.

She then asked me, “If you don’t mind me asking, ma’am, are you expecting?” I wanted to laugh because all the instructions she gave me indicated that she’d already assumed I was, but she decided to ask me afterwards. I told her I was and she asked me how far along I was. I told her. She also asked me if I had a Fit to Fly certificate from the doctor and I said ‘no’ while I prayed in my mind that she wouldn’t ask me to get off the plane because of it. Fortunately nothing of the sort happened but I felt so special that she actually came up to me and offered a pillow without me even asking for it. πŸ™‚

I slept for a while after we were seated before the plane took off but it was barely helpful. Shortly after the takeoff, they served breakfast which wasn’t as good at the snacks they’d served on our other flight (same airline, by the way). I couldn’t wait to get back home and sleep on my bed. By the time we got home it was 9:30 AM and fifteen minutes outside of airconditioning in the Mumbai weather (while we walked fom the terminal to the taxi stand) was enough to get us all icky again. We got home, took a shower and went off to bed around 10 AM since we’d had two meals already and I was more sleepy than hungry. It was 5 PM by the time we woke up.

The after-effects of sleep deprivation were so strong that I felt sleepy most of the next day too. But not before I had a bout of dizzyness, because of the heat. Even though Bangalore was around 31 degrees (at night, just a little cooler than Mumbai, or maybe equally hot during the day) it still was very pleasant because of the lack of humidity. I think coming back to this hot and sticky climate, tipped my body over the edge. πŸ˜›

Twice, this week, I broke into sudden bouts of sweat and felt dizzy. Thankfully, I can recognise when my body’s about to give up, so when I started to feel queasy, I stopped whatever I was doing and went to lie down on the bed or on the sofa – whichever was closer – with the fan(s) on full speed. Luckily, I didn’t actually faint, I just felt extremely weak and drained, and recovered after a few minutes. If I had actually fainted, I don’t know what would have happened next as I was home alone. Now that I think about it, the thought is actually scary.

So the next day I called my sister over to give me some company (read: splash some water on my face in case I faint) and we watched some Game of Thones. She was way behind and had an entire season to catch up on , so we did that. She stayed back that night and we watched some more GOT the next day. She left after lunch and I clenaed up a bit after and made pasta for dinner.

The husband and I did a proper cleaning o the house on Saturday since our houseemaid is on a month long vacation. It was getting pretty hard for me to bend down and sweep or mop without feeling dizzy. So my husbnad did most of the work. And then on Sunday we went around looking for places where we could have my baby shower. Yes, the planning has begun. πŸ˜€

This week on the blog & other social media

Week 21

On the blog, I wrote two posts this week

Week 22

No social media activity at all 😦

This week’s ‘Soothing’ Playlist

Between all that has been going on, I have had no time to create a new playlist. I have been listening to music in general, but I was supposed to be listeing to artists from C in week 21 and D in week 22. I will create  a new playlist this weekend, hopefully for week 24, so there will be no soothing playlist for Week 23, the current week, either 😦

What Baby Bear has been up to

I have been able to feel movements consistently and very obvisouly these past two weeks and the kicks are getting harder. I have to say I dont mind being literally kicked/punched in the gut πŸ˜› I hope my husband will be able to feel them soon on the outside as well.

The Bump

Week 21

Here’s what my Bump looked like this weeek and a comparison from 4 weeks ago, i.e., at 17 Weeks.

Week 22

Here’s what my Bump looked like this weeek and a comparison from 4 weeks ago, i.e., at 18 Weeks.

That’s all I have for now (and that was a LOT.) I wrote about our Anniversary trip and Part 2 of that post will be the next blog post. So read up on that here if you haven’t already.

Will write again soon.

Read all Weekly Bump updates HERE.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.