Father’s Day (to take over baby duties) | Day 11/100

This post may have affiliate links.*

Going to bed past 3 AM guarantees a sleep-in, even if the rest of the house is awake and wants you to be up because you can’t keep your eyes open even if you try, especially at 7 AM. So the daddy-daughter duo went out for a stroll, while I slept on; not for too long though because guess who had to open the door for the housemaid!

Soon enough, they were back too and we had some nice family time in the morning while we played with Laddoo’s toys and heard her go on about something or the other.

This day was also her cousin sister’s third birthday so we did a video call and had a good time.

Later, Laddoo watched ‘The Gruffalo’s Child’ and ‘Room on the Broom’ on Amazon Prime. And since then we’ve read more of The Gruffalo’s Child than The Gruffalo. And believe me, I am happy about the switch because I was getting bored reading the same thing at least twice a day. The Paper Dolls still remain a huge favourite though. So as of now, here goes the order during bedtime: The Gruffalo’s Child, The Paper Dolls, The Gruffalo (and we almost never make it till the end, now.)
Being Mamma Bear Document Everything 100 days to 3 day 11 - 8

And after a nice brunch, she went off to sleep and was out for a good two hours. We played some more and I really don’t remember what we did because I took ‘Father’s Day’ a bit too literally and handed her over to her dad. She deserved some quality time with him especially since we’d both seen to little of him over the past week.

Soon enough it was time for them to go out, and they did.
Being Mamma Bear Document Everything 100 days to 3 day 11 - 2You see, her school’s uniform is only the T-shirt. The children are free to wear bottoms of their choice. So they both went and shopped for a few different coloured leggings for her. Later, I found out that Papa also took Laddoo in the toy train at the mall, and she had a good time.

Being Mamma Bear Document Everything 100 days to 3 day 11 - 4 Being Mamma Bear Document Everything 100 days to 3 day 11 - 3

And while they did that, I discovered some amazing pre-made playlists on Spotify and put on some music for concentration while I wrote and listened to good instrumental music. After Laddoo’s dinner, we agreed that since I got some free time in the afternoon/early evening, I would put Laddoo to bed and he would go out for some ‘He Time.’

It took unreasonably long to put her to sleep because, guess what a good, long nap does to bedtime? It delays it. Add to that, I miscalculated her bedtime. Well, not really because apparently she now stays awake for longer. What used to be a total of 12 awake hours in a 24-hour period, is now close to 13. And FINALLY, it was 9:30 PM by the time she was actually asleep.

I then worked on my post for this countdown and made some posters for Bookish Moms.

When it was time to go to bed, I decided to sleep in the other room because I looked like I had developed some kind of an allergic cough. I was coughing like crazy because it comes in bouts. I know for a fact that it’s not contagious because it has happened to me before. It stays for weeks and never in the three times before this that I’ve suffered through it, has anyone caught it from me.

The first time it happened, was in 2009, around this time exactly. I had from end of June till mid-July I guess and then it disappeared as suddenly as it came. Also, it magically disappeared right when I was on the TOP of the Kalsubai in July 2009. Luckily, I blogged all about it.

The next time it happened was after I had just discovered I was pregnant. And then again, once after Laddoo was born, but it didn’t last long enough for me to remember when it happened.

But the thing about this kind of cough is the sound.

It’s loud.

And annoying.

The cough is like an itch, an irritation in my throat and I can’t just cough softly and get rid of it. In fact, there’s no way I can control the volume at which it happens. But it’s annoying, and I’m aware of it.

Also, I wanted to wake up at around 5 AM, and the cough and the alarm, together, would definitely wake her up. So other room it was. But around 2:30 AM, she opened the door to the room I was sleeping in and walked in, followed by my husband. She’d been crying.

“She’s asking for you,” he announced.

And without a second thought, I picked up my phone (that was also my alarm) and went back to our room with them. It took a few minutes to calm her down and get her back to sleep, which was hard because she wanted ice-cream. Apparently she had asked my husband for ice-cream when they were at the mall and it was now clear that he was telling me the truth when he said he hadn’t given her ice-cream. But by 2:40 AM, I wished that he had because then we could have all slept peacefully and I would have woken up at 5 to get some work done before she woke up.

Instead, it was almost 6:30 AM by the time we all woke up.

What a lovely start to the week!

🗓 June 16, 2019
Day 11 of 100. 90 days to go.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.