Before I tell you a bit about myself, don’t be fooled by this photo. I’m not lucky enough to look like this every day. This is the result of a facial, recently shaped eyebrows, and the hair looks like that because I’d just stepped out of the salon. Anyway…
Hi, I’m Nikita from Mumbai and here are 10 things about me that you really didn’t ask to know. 😝🙈
1. I’ve never lived in another city. Unless you count a vacation to see my dad in Ghana for two months in 1998 when he worked there, as ‘living.’
2. I’ve never seen the Taj Mahal. In fact, I didn’t visit the Gateway of India till 2012. And there are still many famous places in Mumbai that I haven’t seen. 🙈
3. I’ve never seen snow.
4. I’ve never eaten meat. At least not knowingly. But once at this restaurant the idiot waiter served me fish in spite of me confirming with him that what was on the plate was vegetarian. He nodded and I trusted. Two bites later, I realised that it didn’t taste like any vegetable I know. My husband tasted it and told me what it was. 😠
5. I’ve never smoked. And one tiny puff of a joint is more like choking, not smoking. Thanks, bro, for helping me reach that milestone. 😏
6. Never finished reading Shantaram in spite of giving it two tries, five years apart – 2009 & 2014 – and I still didn’t find it interesting enough to read beyond 150 pages. It’s just not for me, I guess. 🤷🏻♀️
7. I’ve never tried baking. Though I really really want to. Especially now that I’m actually enjoying eating sweets.
8. I haven’t watched Star Wars or Sholay yet. 🙈
9. I’ve never owned video games except that one that looked like a remote control and had Tetris and some car racing game on it. I never got to play Mario. 😭 Shame as a 90s kid.
10. I’ve never been to a disco. I know. I was a horrible teenager. 😂🙈
So tell me something(s) you’ve never done. 😃