Welcome to the March edition of getting to know me. Like I did last month, this month too I am going to tell you a bit about myself. But instead of writing paragraphs of boring stuff, I’ll make it worth your while by telling you 10 Weird Things About Me. I think ‘I like to call myself weird’ should be on top of that list, so here’s the continuation of weird things about me. 😛
1. I have mild OCD. Mild because I don’t go crazy, and I’m only finicky about some things. For example, in my pen stand ✏️ should always be tip up, and pens and markers always tip down. I will not put a blue clothespin on a yellow garment if a yellow one is available. If not, I’d rather use white. 🤷🏻♀️
2. I get uncomfortable when people wish me on my birthday. I’ve been known to avoid people, make people delete Birthday posts on my wall or on Instagram (or delete them myself) and switch my phone off just to avoid talking to people on that day. I don’t want to answer ridiculous questions like what my plans are for the day or give you a ‘treat,’ especially if you don’t call me otherwise.
3. I hated sweets before I had the baby. Now I crave cake every day. Case in point, the picture above. And these days, more often than not, I do eat cake.
4. I rarely trust anyone to do things the way I would and that makes it difficult to delegate.
5. I have an unhealthy obsession with clicking pictures. And making everything match so the pictures look good.
6. Most of my closest friends right now, I’ve met on the internet. I’ve only met one of them in person. Once. You know who you are… Pooja 😝😂. And the other one must not be named. For now. And you know who you are.
7. I get annoyed when people can’t tell the difference between your and you’re, and their, there, and they’re, and so on. Basically, it turns me off. I can tell when it’s genuinely a typo and when they really don’t know. And I want to claw my eyes out when people use SMS lingo in this generation of smart phones. The phone basically types the whole thing. Why would you want to type lyk dis? What are you really going to do with the two seconds you saved?
8. As much as I love to hang out with people and want to have a social life, I’m inclined to cancel plans last minute simply because I might be doing something (like just sitting around and watching TV or reading) and I don’t want to change that. Too much कंटाला is coming. But the joke’s on me because these days there’s neither sitting around nor watching 📺 in peace. And reading? Is that something people do for leisure? 🤔
9. I don’t answer the phone if I’m doing something I don’t want to interrupt. I’m a total believer of the saying that the phone is for MY convenience, not the caller’s. But I always call back. Also, I get it when people don’t answer when I call either. Totally not a hypocrite.
10. Sounds annoy me. The doorbell, someone talking loudly, even my phone ringing, and especially chat messages. So my phone is always Silent. People annoy me. I’m a ninety year old woman in a 30-year-old’s body. I like my peace and quiet.
Phew that was a long list and I’m sure there’s definitely more weirdness in me. Those of you who know me, is there any other weird fact that I missed? Let me know so I can add it to the list for when I share ’10 MORE WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME.’ 😂
If you’ve made it this far, I salute you 🙏🏼